This is a review of the RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves.
Training in martial arts isn’t always the safest business. Injuries are common, and sometimes even fractures and joint problems come up. This is why it is always important to use adequate protection while training, and it is also the reason why, after years of martial arts training, I have become a harsh critic of low-quality gloves.
Getting a low-quality glove isn’t like buying a bad tasting sandwich, it is unacceptable. More like buying a dull knife, which is dangerous to use, buying bad combat equipment can result in serious injury, and also is a waste of money. This is why I only recommend products that I personally believe in and have tested.
I think the RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves are a great pair of gloves if you are looking for maximum freedom of movement with a reasonable amount of protection. It also has great value for the money, without compromising quality.
In this review, I will analyze this product. I will talk about some of its main features, mention some of its pros and cons and provide a general overview of them. With the help of this article, you will be able to make a better decision when deciding which glove to purchase for yourself or someone you know.
If you are interested in finding out more, read on!
RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves Overview
These RDX gloves are actually inner gloves. Basically, this means that they are mostly meant to be worn under another, large boxing glove for an extra layer of protection. However, they are also perfect for grappling, wrestling, or other types of open-hand arts and combat styles, which aren’t heavily striking-based.
This makes it a great multi-purpose pair of gloves. If you train in multiple arts at once, or if you are into MMA, this is one of the best options for you. If you are training grappling techniques or working on your ground game, but you would still want some protection for your hands, it is perfect for the task. However, if you want to have a heavy-duty boxing session, you can wear these under your boxing gloves for extra protection, and protect your hands even more.
What makes it stand out is the high-quality build and the materials it is made of. It is durable and also, extremely comfortable, which is very important when it comes to any sort of multi-purpose combat training gear.
- EXTENDED LENGTH FOR BETTER SUPPORT 4.5m long hand wraps made with cotton and nylon for increased comfort and resilience offer support to both the fingers and the wrist while punching. The extended length of the wraps ensures that they can be tightly wrapped around the fingers, palm, and wrist, and used for MMA, Muay Thai, BJJ, Karate, and other similar sports training.
- QUICK-EZ CLOSURE SYSTEM Hook-and-Loop closure in the boxing wraps offers improved wrist support and a comfortable fit. The EZ wrist strap provides optimal wrist reinforcement to keep your wrist aligned while training.
- DURABILITY – Elasticated polyester fabric makes the inner gloves durable and ideal for use while training for boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, and other combat sports.
- IMPACT DIFFUSION – Shell shock gel padding diffuses the brunt of the force, received while training or competing, across the structure of the gloves.
Neoprene and Rubber
These gloves are made of cleverly stitched neoprene, which is one of the most durable synthetic materials used for clothing purposes. The palm areas of these gloves are also completely rubberized, which adds to the structural integrity of the gloves, improves holding stability, and also makes technique execution easier to do.
Neoprene, among its many useful features, is also very comfortable. Nevertheless, this comfort doesn’t mean that it is hard to hold or not fixed in place. The rubberized palm helps with this, aside from the great design and stitching. Having rubberized palms also helps with getting a realistic gripping feeling, since it resembles the gripping traction of using bare hands. This also helps provide a natural feel when using these gloves.
Apart from this, the stitching and the materials make these gloves 4-way breathable, so there will be no excessive sweating or heat under the gloves, and they will remain fresh and clean for a lot longer than many traditional gloves and inner gloves can.
As mentioned earlier, these gloves can be used in a variety of different ways and for various martial arts. Styles like Jiu-Jitsu, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, various forms of wrestling, and grappling all require maximum freedom of movement in the hands, which is provided by this product. Since there is no large padding or knuckle-guard, both the fingers and the hand can move freely, allowing perfect grappling and wrestling technique.
On the other hand, these gloves can also be used for striking arts. The padding on the knuckles is enough to absorb quite a lot of damage on its own since itis made of EVA foam and Shell-Shock™ Gel. Both of these materials are great at protecting the parts of the hand which is exposed to impact the most. This is why you can even train arts like Muay Thai, MMA, Karate, or some other striking-based art using these gloves, however, I wouldn’t recommend you do it for a long time without an actual glove.
The reason this is one of the most important features of this product is multi-functional. You can train in these gloves for a long time, and in a combination of several different martial arts, and it will deliver quality every time.
- POLYESTER ELASTICATED FABRIC is sturdy enough to resist tear cracks and splits. These Inner Gloves are easy on the skin. Go for Boxing training, MMA, Muay Thai, kickboxing and more
- SHELL SHOCK GEL PADDING ensures that you remain shielded from the shock generated from high impact strikes, perfectly endures shock over the hand joints.
- Ladies Hand wraps are made of breathable soft permanent-stretch carbon fiber material
- Elastic to provide a secure fit around the hand
Extended Wrist Band
These gloves also have extended bands, which they call “Extended Quick-EZ Hook-and-Loop straps” due to their length and ease of use. This part of this product is also made out of neoprene and is durable and secure. The length of the wrist band helps secure the gloves in place tightly, but without causing too much strain on the arm. Also, the long strap helps keep the wrists more fixed and tight, without restricting their movement, which is a great aid in reducing the risk of a wrist injury, which is quite common in combat sports.
The extended band will decrease the risk for injury, and will also make your training a lot more enjoyable and carefree since you won’t have to worry about the safety of your wrist and hand.
Pros and Cons
I believe the RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves are high-quality pieces of equipment, which any martial arts or combat enthusiast would gladly use. The durability, comfort, and stability of this product make it safe and fun to use in classes. The most important aspect of all, its multifunctionality, is definitely the best out there, so if you train in multiple different styles, you should definitely check out these gloves.
- EXTENDED LENGTH FOR BETTER SUPPORT – 4.5m long hand wraps made with cotton and nylon for increased comfort and resilience offer support to both the fingers and the wrist while punching. The extended length of the wraps ensures that they can be tightly wrapped around the fingers, palm, and wrist, and used for MMA, Muay Thai, BJJ, Karate, and other similar sports training.
- QUICK-EZ CLOSURE SYSTEM – Hook-and-Loop closure in the boxing wraps offers improved wrist support and a comfortable fit. The EZ wrist strap provides optimal wrist reinforcement to keep your wrist aligned while training.