If you are wondering should you start training MMC classes, and are they worth it, don’t worry, in this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about MMA classes.
MMA – Mixed Martial Arts is a modern martial sport in which different martial techniques are used from several martial styles (boxing, Thai boxing, wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Sambo, Wushu Sanda. The rules of MMA fighting are conceived in such a way as possible to approach the condition of real fighting to the maximum.
MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world. It is a combination of the most effective martial arts. Fans around the world are able to witness matches of professional fighters in the biggest MMA organizations such as the UFC, ONE FC, Bellator, Fight Nights, M1, and others.
Due to its complexity, it is very interesting for recreational training. With MMA training, you achieve different goals in a short amount of time. In addition to learning the most effective techniques from martial arts, there is a very rapid improvement in general fitness and strength and the loss of extra pounds. Finally, you can train like professional fighters, but through a well-designed training program that is safe, dosed for you and through which you are guided by professional coaches with extensive experience in MMA sports. There are also UFC gyms, and you can find more about them on our link.
The advantages of MMA training
- fat loss
- increase in muscle mass
- power improvement (explosive, maximum, repetitive)
- improving speed and agility
- endurance improvement (aerobic and anaerobic)
- improving flexibility
- improving coordination
- injury prevention
- learning self-defense
- improving self-discipline
- improving mental strength
- increase self-confidence
- stress reduction
As you can see, MMA training builds you from outside as well as inside. You will gain confidence, a lot of it, just make sure to use it the right way, and not to look for a fight around every corner. MMA is also very good for self-defense.
You can check out all the reasons why MMA is good for you.
What do you get from MMA Training?
- Strength – One of the biggest benefits of MMA training is a significant increase in strength. This is due to the different styles and techniques that are associated with MMA training and require full bodywork.
- Endurance – Strong fitness training is also included in MMA training. By gradually increasing endurance, your heart, lungs, and other body systems will be at much higher levels.
- Balance – with improved strength and endurance comes superior balance and flexibility.
- Fitness – with MMA training, your level of overall fitness will drastically improve. MMA fighters are perhaps the most trained athletes of today.
- Perseverance – we train our students to be persistent and never give up, which significantly reflects on their persistence in everyday life.
- Community – work in a great sports atmosphere and a mutually supportive community
- Feel better overall – after MMA training you will feel satisfaction in other segments of life. Many participants felt drastic improvements not only physically but also psychologically.
What will you learn at MMA Training for Recreationalists?
- Techniques and strategies for competitions and self-defense
- Effective choking techniques, locks on legs, arms and other ways to attractively end a fight without strikes
- Devastating blows with hands, feet, and knees for a quick and efficient end to the fight
- Powerful takedown techniques to move the fight to the ground
- Effective techniques of defense against enemy attacks
How to choose a gym for MMA training?
The first step after the decision that we will start training martial arts is the selection of a training gym. What are the parameters we should pay attention to in order to choose the right gym for ourselves and not to waste time and money or even give up MMA training?
Ask who the coaches in the gym are, what their qualifications are, if they have results as fighters and what their coaching achievements are. It is extremely important that the gym has coaches for each MMA segment (wrestling, grappling, boxing, muay-thai, bjj).
It is very important that the training space is comfortable and that it offers exercisers everything they need for training. A quality ground floor, arena (cage or ring), bags, equipment for strength, and fitness training is something that every gym should be equipped with. Also, pay attention to the security aspect. Glass walls and unlined walls with radiators along the edge of the ground floor do not sound the safest. Pay special attention to hygiene in the gym because wrestling halls can be quite messy which can lead to skin diseases.
Before enrolling, be sure to visit the gym and watch the training. If there is a free trial training option, take advantage of it. Feel the atmosphere. It is very important that the atmosphere at the training is friendly and pleasant. Make sure the coaches take care of safety.
Make sure there are professional fighters in the gym. The greatest legitimacy of the gym is given by the fighters who represent it. Experienced professional fighters understand the sport and know what it takes to develop and succeed. If your goal is to become an MMA fighter, don’t waste time and join the team with the best fighters.
MMA is an extremely complex sport. It is a sport in which multiple sports are merged into one. Therefore, it is of great importance that the training process is well programmed. Study the gym training schedule well. Check if the training of each segment is allowed separately if there are morning training sessions and how many sessions per week you can do at the membership fee price. Some halls offer three training sessions per week, while others offer 20 for the same membership fee.
Are MMA Classes Worth It?
MMA Classes are definitely worth it. Check out why you should take MMA classes.
- MMA training takes place in a safe environment, so you don’t have to be afraid of injury because your safety is number 1 priority of every good gym
- You will be coached by top coaches with many years of experience and proven results in martial arts (you should choose a gym that offers those kinds of coaches)
- With MMA training, you will experience the strength and fitness exercises used by the most prepared UFC fighters in their fight preparations.
- The training is designed to achieve maximum results in the minimum time
- You will work according to a proven MMA training program that can turn even a beginner into a top athlete and fighter
- With MMA training, you will feel extremely strong, you will tremendously increase your endurance and flexibility, you will become more resilient, and if that is your goal, lose weight – and all this will affect your entire life, and you will feel satisfied and confident.
- You will train in a real sports atmosphere where there is high mutual respect, which makes training a real pleasure (always check that before signing up for MMA classes)
- You will experience passion, excitement, team spirit, satisfaction, and pride when you start MMA training
Below we will show you the MMA three-minute circuit training
This workout is circular and the circuit lasts 3 minutes just like a round in boxing (MMA round is 5 minutes). The idea of this workout is to spread the stress caused by exercise throughout your body during this period so that you are able to maintain a high-intensity workout and to avoid muscle fatigue that would slow you down or stop you. Since each round is 3 minutes, you will train your aerobic and anaerobic system to build muscular endurance. This way of training is very effective, and you save time.
You will perform each of the exercises for 30 seconds. Work as hard and as fast as you can, but don’t let that ruin your form of performing the exercises. There is no rest between exercises, and after the end of the round, rest for 60 seconds. Feel free to change the exercises to suit your current level of readiness or you can make some adjustments to the exercises so that you can perform them with the correct form. Perform 3 to 6 laps depending on your current level of readiness. Before you start training, don’t forget to warm up well and cool down at the end of the training.
Description of exercises
Burpees are one of the best exercises for complete body fitness that will quickly raise your heart rate while training your arms, legs and core.
Skipping rope improves the work of your legs, eyes, arms and legs coordination, and aerobic and anaerobic fitness. If you can’t jump rope, then you can perform jumping jacks. Try to skip as fast as possible. Also, make sure your rope is long enough to make it easier for you to skip.
Swing with a dumbbell
The strength of the hips and lower back are key when it comes to throws, kicks, and punches in MMA sports. Weightlifting will improve the strength in your hips, and at the same time speed up your pulse. If you do not have a dumbbell, you can use one dumbbell bar.
Push-ups are a classic exercise that affects your chest, shoulders, triceps, and core. If you need an easier variant, you can do them from the knee. Also, if you want a heavier variant, you can raise your legs to an elevation.
Abdominal wall readiness plays a very important role in MMA fighter training. V abs exercise involves all aspects of your abdominal wall, and in addition, is a complex exercise that will raise your heart rate.
Striking with medicine ball
Your final workout will awaken the MMA fighter in you. Striking with a medicine ball will hit your entire body in a very explosive way. To get the best results, use a medicine ball that bounces very little.
How much do MMA classes cost?
The average cost of MMA gyms are anywhere from $50 a month to upwards of $200 or more