If you are tall and skinny, that could be your advantage in a fight, but also, you could have problems with buying Gi for your BJJ and Judo classes or fights. Don’t worry, because in this article we are bringing you the best BJJ and Judo Gi for tall skinny guys.
Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light Preshrunk is the best BJJ Gi, while Fuji Double Weave Uniform is best Gi for Judo.
Even thou people sometimes use the same Gi for BJJ and Judo, there are some differences between those two.
BJJ Gi’s are usually smaller. The arms are generally not as long and the wrist openings are not as large, the same goes for legs and are tighter around the chest.
This is mostly due to BJJ rules about Gi’s being very loose so people make them work better for that sport while Judo has very strict rules based around getting grips mainly in the area of chest or wrists.
|Best BJJ Gi for tall skinny guys||Best Judo Gi for tall skinny guys|
|Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light Preshrunk||Fuji Double Weave Uniform|
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
Why is it important to choose the right Gi
The importance of a proper fitting Gi plays a significant part in how you move and flow. Things will stop being fun when you’re getting tangled in your own GI and submitting yourself.
Also, nothing says confidence better than when you step out in a Gi that fits well and looks good on you. Another point is if you are planning on competing in your Gi – it needs to meet the regulations.
The word Gi literally means ‘dress’ or ‘clothes’ but is often used to mean ‘uniform’. The Gi consists of uwagi or jacket, zubon or pants, and an obi or belt.
Its introduction as a martial arts uniform is generally attributed to Jigoro Kano who developed judo from jujitsu in the early years of the 20th century. However, the light-weight materials used in kimonos were not suitable for grappling. Sensei Kano restored to use a uniform based on an ancient one used in old jujitsu made of linen, in coffee color, and covered with cotton fabric.
There are five reasons why a traditional Gi should be worn:
- A different place – The wearing of a Gi reminds the practitioner that the place where he trains is different from the place where he lives and works. When he enters the dojo, he enters a place where the realities and worries of the world can be set aside and he can focus entirely on the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of his training
- Uniformity and organization – The wearing of a Gi helps us to see at a glance who is of which rank, who is sensei, and who is a student. This organization of rank and hierarchy enables one to have an organization of thought and a sensible progression of training. It enables individuals to know their position and what must be achieved to raise their position in the dojo
- Commitment – When an individual values a uniform that individual becomes more committed to the art in which they belong for a greater length of time
- Practicality – A Gi is comfortable, practical, and hard-wearing. It is fit for purpose. Remaining comfortable allows one to continue training for longer periods of time which should result in achieving the greater ability
- Retaining the integrity of the art – The gi helps to retain the integrity of the art. Wearing the gi shows knowledge and respect for the history, culture, and origin of the art. Ignoring the usefulness of a uniform ignores the roots of the art from which it comes. It ‘mocks’ the very source in which the art hails
The Gi is more than just a uniform. It is a symbol of all that it means to be a martial artist. Keep it neat, keep it clean, wear it with pride.
Best BJJ Gi for tall skinny guys – Sanabul Essentials V.2
Tall and skinny guys can have problems with choosing the right Gi for BJJ classes or competitions.
What’s even worse, unlike Judo, BJJ Gi’s usually come in smaller sizes, so you have to be extra carefull when choosing the right one for yourself.
But, with Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light Preshrunk you are lucky because they have an excellent chart on their product, so it is almost impossible to go wrong with the size if you follow it correctly.
Their sizes tend to be larger then usuall, so it is very important to follow their guide. If you are unsure which size to choose, they also have customer support you can ask and get the right size for you.
Also, Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light Preshrunk is very comfortable, very sturdy, and extremely lightweight Gi.
Pants know to shrink after first washing so take that into consideration when choosing your size. Also, the pants are very thin. You can see your skin color through them and your underwear/compression/jock. Keep that in mind.
|Easy to choose the right size||Pants know to shrink|
|Very confortable and sturdy||Pants are very thin|
|Great value for money|
If you are looking for the best BJJ Gi for tall skinny guys then be sure to check Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light Preshrunk on Amazon.
Best Judo Gi for tall skinny guys – Fuji Double Weave
Even thou Judo Gi is usually bigger and longer then BJJ, if you are tall and skinny, you could still have problems finding the right one for you.
For that reason, we have chosen the best one for you so you don’t have to lose your time searching and maybe buying the wrong one.
Fuji Double Weave Judo GI Uniform is something we often recommend, not only for tall and skinny guys but to most practitioners in our gym. You are lucky because they also fit great to skinny and tall people.
This Gi is very durable, with excellent cut, lightweight, and has very long pants.
It won’t shrink almost at all while washing, but it needs a few trainings to break in nicely. On the other hand, that is the reason why it isn’t shrinking, as well as why it is so durable.
If you are on a borderline of their size, then go for a smaller size. They are slightly bigger then what their chart says, so be aware of that.
|Good size chart||Needs a few trainings to break in|
|Very durable, with excellent cut|
|Great value for money|
If you are looking for the best Judo Gi for tall skinny guys then be sure to check Fuji Double Weave on Amazon.